The TRAILS Competition has been designed to provide promising startups access to real-world testing and application. The winner will gain a better understanding of how their product can be implemented to improve the health care system. Apply today!
The TRAILS Competition has been designed to provide promising startups access to real-world stakeholders. The winner will have the opportunity gain a better understanding of how their product can be implemented to improve the health care system.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, approximately 4 in 10 adults in the U.S. have reported symptoms of anxiety or depression. Simultaneously, it has become increasingly difficult to access the necessary treatment and services. There has never been a more pressing time to advance innovative solutions across the behavioral health continuum. This year’s competition is seeking solutions to address challenges in behavioral health in a clinical setting.
Thank you to Providence Digital Innovation Group and MultiCare Behavioral Health Network for partnering with us on this year's TRAILS Competition! The top 5 finalists will participate in a tour of the 5 Points of Health Care™, gathering real-world insights from a number of experts. The top 5 finalists will then compete in a virtual pitch competition for the grand prize. This year’s grand prize winner will engage in a series of informational interviews and workshops with strategy, clinical, operational and venture partners at Providence and MultiCare.
- September 30: Virtual Kickoff Event
- October 1-31: Application Period (Applications close at 11:59 pm on October 31)
- November 1-30: Judging Period
- December 2: Finalists announced; begin tour of the 5 Points of Health Care™
- January 2022: Complete tour of 5 Points of Health Care; prepare for virtual pitch event
- February 2022: Virtual pitch event where the grand prize winner will be selected
- Following the finale, begin engagement with MultiCare and Providence prize partners
- Investable Startup Company
- Company or product has not won the TRAILS Competition in the last three years
- Solution relevant to the U.S. health care market
- Product/service should be at least a minimum viable product and/or a prototype in its development
- Solution should be in alignment with requirements to be included in the Impactful Innovation Exchange:
- Seek to positively impact at least one component of the Triple Aim (improvements in population health, experience of care, & per capita cost) without negatively impacting the other components
- Fall within Cambia Grove's Impactful Innovation Process
Judging Criteria (score 1 – 5 with 5 being the highest)
Round 1 (5 Points of Health Care Perspective)
- Section 1 – General Impact on the Triple Aim
- Seeks to positively impact at least one component of the Triple Aim (improvements in population health, experience of care & per capita cost), without negatively impacting the other components.
- Section 2 – Specific Impact on the Health Care System
- Improves patient and family engagement with providers, payers and/or other stakeholders
- Improves operational efficiency for providers, payers and/or other stakeholders
- Easily integrates into the current health care system
- Makes it easier to provide more inclusive and equitable care
- Section 3 – Specific Impact on Patient Experience of Care
- Improves day to day life for people and/or their families
- Inclusive and equitable to diverse communities and identities
- Reduces disparities across race, gender, socioeconomic status, etc.
- Increases and improves individualized and culturally competent care from providers to patients and families
Round 2 (Business Case)
- Section 1 – Business Viability
- Product is financially sustainable
- Product is scalable
- Product has proof of efficacy
- Product has a competitive advantage
- Product solution equitably delivers value in a real world setting to all types of patients
Terms and Conditions
- Startup and product must be eligible to participate.
- Startup and product must not have previously won the TRAILS Competition
- Applications will not be accepted after the posted deadlines.
- All finalists must be present for virtual live pitch event, no travel necessary.
- Grand prize winning team will be announced at the end of the pitch event.
- The winning team will participate in a series of informational interviews and workshops with MultiCare Behavioral Health Network and Providence Digital Innovation Group. Specific details of the meetings will be defined based upon the grand prize team’s needs. Interviews and workshops will assist the startup in refining the business case for their solution and may include meetings with clinical providers, hospital administration, investors, and other subject matter experts within these health systems.
- Winning team will participate in promotional activities regarding the TRAILS Competition.