FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the NC TECH Awards? The NC TECH Awards recognizes innovation, growth, impact and leadership in a variety of categories under TECHNOLOY CORPORATE AWARDS, USE OF TECH AWARDS and INDIVIDUAL AWARDS. The NC TECH Awards Gala will be held at the Raleigh Convention Center on Tuesday, November 29th, where hundreds will gather to honor the finalists and announce the winners.
Does my company or organization need to be a member of NC TECH? No. The NC TECH Awards is the state’s tech sector and industry awards. Membership is not required for a company or organization to apply or to qualify as a finalist or winner.
Does my company or organization need to be headquartered in NC? No, but you should have a significant presence in North Carolina, relative to the overall size of the company. The only exceptions are for NC HQ Tech Company and for the Top 10 Startups to Watch – these companies must be headquartered in NC.
What is the deadline to apply? The deadline to apply is Friday, July 15th.
Can I save my application and come back to it later? Yes. You will create a login when you access the application site. When you return to the site, you would then select login to an existing application. You will be able to make edits and additions to the application up until the July 15th deadline.
What happens if more than one application is submitted from the same company or organization? If the applications include one or more of the same awards, they will be combined for consideration. If you would like applications to be considered separately, please be specify in the category explanation which project or team is being recommended.
If my company or organization has previously won, can I apply again? Yes, each year’s awards process starts fresh, except for the Top 10 Startups to Watch category which recognizes a new class of startups each year.
Can I see a list of finalists and winners from previous years?
What are some tips to consider when working on my application?
- Be specific: Address how your organization meets the criteria for the award(s) selected.
- Be authentic: Focus on original achievements/impacts/successes.
- Be timely: Provide information and examples from the past 12-18 months.
- Be unique: What makes the nominee/applicant stand out? Provide testimonials.
- Be quantifiable: When possible/required please provide numbers demonstrating growth and impact.
What is the selection process for determining finalists and winners? Once the application period closes, we will begin a two-step review process. Our Presenting Sponsor, Cherry Bekaert, will execute the initial review of all the applications. If you apply, Cherry Bekaert may contact you with clarifying questions or for additional information. Please be responsive should you be contacted. In mid-September, the selection committee, comprised of leaders in economic development, education, and media from across the state will convene to discuss and determine finalists and winners.
When will the finalists be announced? The finalists will be announced in a broadcast in late September, as we move into full promotion of the awards gala.
- For technical assistance, contact reviewr at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For clarifications on categories and criteria, contact Rachel Kennedy at email@example.com
- For NC Tech Awards Gala information including sponsorship opportunities, contact Tracy Sternberg at firstname.lastname@example.org