The Oregon Technology Awards celebrates excellence and achievement in the region’s technology industry.
For 39 years Technology Association of Oregon has been honoring outstanding individuals with the prestigious Sam Blackman Award (formerly Technology Executive of the Year), Lifetime Achievement, and Tech Champion awards and regional technology companies with the following awards:
Company of the Year Awards
Presented to companies headquartered in Oregon or SW Washington, who have had a significant impact on Oregon’s technology industry in the past year including financial, employment and community factors.
- This award honors the most exciting new technology companies in Oregon and SW Washington. Nominees should have started operations no earlier than January 1, 2012.
Nominees will be judged on various factors, including the quality of their business idea and plan, the strength of the founding team, and their ability to fund initial operations.
- Emerging ($1 to $2,999,999)
- This award honors companies that have had excellent financial performance since they started operations, have quality management teams, and a great technology platform, all of which are driving progression. Nominees must be able to demonstrate revenues of up to $3 million.
- Rising Star ($3M - $9,999,999)
- This award honors an early-stage company that has made significant progress in the past year. Nominees should have annual revenue between $3 million to $20 million. Nominees will be judged on various factors with a focus on rapid growth and development of infrastructure. Nominees should be on track to make a positive impact in their markets and on the region's technology community. Companies in this category should be showing significant growth in revenue, headcount, innovation, and market acceptance among other things.
- Accelerate ($10M - $19,999,999)
- This award honors companies with annual revenue between $10 million and almost $20 million. Nominees will be judged on various factors with a focus on rapid growth and development of infrastructure, and companies should be on track to make a positive impact in their markets and the region's technology community.
- Growth ($20M - $49,999,999)
- This award honors an established and growing company with excellent performance in the past year. Nominees should have annual revenue between $20 million to $100 million and be profitable. In addition, companies in this category should exhibit growth in revenue headcount and market acceptance.
- Momentum ($50M - $99,999,999)
- NEW IN 2020 this award honors companies on the precipice of enterprise status with excellent company
performance in the past year with annual revenue between $50 million to almost $100 million in
- Enterprise ($100M+)
- This award honors large, established companies that are leaders in their industry and our technology community. Nominees should have sustained profitability. This award will consider all accomplishments over the past year, including the success of new product introductions, community involvement, and impact on industry trends.
- Presented to the company that has a presence in Oregon via a division and/or wholly-owned subsidiary that has had a significant impact on Oregon’s technology industry in the past year, including financial, employment, and community factors.
- Most Disruptive
- Presented to the company that has been a true catalyst within their industry and proven their ability to disrupt the established way of doing things.