This grant is not restricted to specific regions and is open to applicants from across the globe.
To be eligible, an applicant:
- Must meet the exam eligibility criteria for the program for which they are seeking a grant (eligibility critieria can be found on the HIMSS certification site; CAHIMS or CPHIMS)*
- Must belong to a minority, underrepresented or underserved community
- Must be pursuing a career or degree in health IT; applicants do not need to be currently employed
- Must be committed to actively preparing for the HIMSS certification exam once materials are received mid-January 2024 (participants should plan to spend 2-3 hours per week (for the duration of the program) engaging with the program materials)
- Must be able to take the certification exam by July 31, 2024
*As part of the program, grant recipients will apply for the certification exam by May 31, 2024. All grant recipients must meet the exam eligibility requirements by this date.