- Recipients should continue the legacy of Reubin O’D. Askew.
- Each recipient must have a degree from FSU (undergraduate and graduate)
- Be age 35 or younger (as of December 31 of the year prior.
- Have made exceptional achievements and significant contributions to their profession, community, society or the university.
- The recipient must exemplify outstanding professional and personal development through traditional channels or innovative approaches.
A complete nomination includes:
- Nomination form: Please provide accurate and current information for the nominee and the nominator.
- Statement of nomination: Please provide a statement of nomination describing the nominee's devotion to Florida State University.
- At least two letters of support: A completed nomination will include at least two Letters of Support. A strong nomination will contain at least one letter from a respected colleague in the nominee's area of professional distinction.
Nominees must be placed in formal nomination each year with a completed online nomination form. Nominations can be made by anyone. Nominations will be solicited through the Florida State University Alumni Association’s newsletters, social media and alumni chapters and networks. All nominations must be received by the Alumni Association upon the designated due date each year.
- October 23, 2023 - Nominations open
- January 12, 2024 - Nominations close
- Late January- February - Verification and review process
- Spring 2024 - Honorees are notified
- Fall 2024 - Honorees are recognized during Homecoming
Process: A committee appointed by the Young Alumni Council selects the recipients of the Askew honorees. Each year's recipients are notified upon approval of the Alumni Association National Board of Directors' Engagement Committee in Spring 2024. If a nominee is not selected in a particular year, they may be re-nominated in succeeding years.
Self-nominations and FSU faculty/staff will not be considered. Exceptional nominations for non-degreed friends of Florida State University will be considered.
Self-nominations and FSU faculty/staff will not be considered. Florida State University Alumni Association reserves the right to verify that the nominees meet the criteria and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any nominee for any reason. Exceptional nominations for non-degreed friends of Florida State University will be considered.