Application Process, Recognition and Benefits, Eligibility Requirements
Programs are measured against the Summer Learning Program Quality Assessment (SLPQA), developed in partnership between NSLA and the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality.
- Round One: Complete the Round 1 online application
- Round Two: Complete the Round 2 online application and phone Interview (semi-finalists)
- Round Three: Site Visit (finalists)
Written applications are completed online and reviewed by NSLA staff, partners, and previous winners. Phone interviews are also conducted by a mixed group of NSLA staff and external experts. Finally, NSLA staff conduct site visits to a select group of finalists to observe program activities before selecting award winners. The Summer Learning Awards seeks to find and draw national attention to exemplary summer programs, models, and systems which provide and expand access to high-quality summer learning experiences for all young people.
Please sign up for the Summer Times to stay up to date: www.summerlearning.org/newsletter-sign-up
As an award winner your program will receive…
- A monetary award of $10,000
- Visibility at the national Summer Learning Summit and in a NSLA Summer Times e-newsletter.
- Invitations to participate in panel discussions, funder summits, webinars, or conference presentations with or on behalf of NSLA.
- National exposure through a NSLA press release during the busy summer learning media season, along with a template press release and talking points to promote your program.
- Professional development opportunities with peer organizations through NSLA’s new affinity group structure.
- Possible future case studies or features in NSLA presentations, publications, or reports widely distributed throughout the education field and staged on summerlearning.org.
If you have technical questions about the application platform, please contact Reviewr (email@example.com)
If you have questions about the application questions please contact Leslie Gabay-Swanston (firstname.lastname@example.org).