- A woman who has “shattered the glass ceiling” in her career, demonstrated success in her profession, risen “in the ranks” in her field or created her own exceptional opportunity.
- A woman who has proven to be a mentor to others or served as a volunteer or mentor in her profession
- A woman who has given of her time, talents and treasure back to FSU, served on her college board or other FSU board, demonstrated philanthropy to FSU or volunteered to speak to classes or mentor students
- A woman who is a leader in her community, served on community boards or promoted/ inspired others during her caree
A complete nomination includes:
- Nomination form: Please provide accurate and current information for the nominee and the nominator.
- Narrative Responses: Please answer our five (5) short narrative responses (1,000 words or less) about why you feel this individual should be considered for this award.
- Nominees must be placed in formal nomination each year with a completed online nomination form. Nominations can be made by anyone. Nominations will be solicited through the Florida State University Alumni Association’s newsletters, social media and alumni chapters and networks. All nominations must be received by the Alumni Association upon the designated due date each year.
- October 23, 2023 - Nominations open
- January 12, 2024 - Nominations close
- Late January- February - Verification and review process
- Spring 2024 - Honorees are notified
- Fall 2024 - Honorees are recognized during Homecoming
Process: A committee appointed by the Alumni Association National Board of Directors selects the recipients of the Circle of Gold. Each year’s recipients are notified upon approval of the Engagement Committee in Spring 2024. If a nominee is not selected in a particular year, she may be re-nominated in succeeding years.
Self-nominations will not be considered. Florida State University Alumni Association reserves the right to verify that the nominees meet the criteria and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any nominee for any reason.