Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Tax Exempt Status. Organization must currently qualify as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) or 7871 of the Internal Revenue Code or be fiscally sponsored by another tax-exempt organization.
- Connection to Washington. Organization must operate programs or provide services within the state of Washington.
WA Women’s Foundation does not fund endowments, pass-through scholarships or out-of-state projects of Washington-based organizations.
Our funding is unrestricted and our grants should be used wherever they are most needed except that we do not fund endowments, pass-through scholarships, or out-of-state projects of Washington-based organizations.
We are most interested in understanding community needs and how your organization is addressing those needs through the delivery of services to those directly impacted by inequity.
We seek to support and collectively invest in organizations that are reflective of and embedded in the communities they serve, draw on the strengths and assets of these communities, and are accountable to these communities in order to achieve the long-term goals of increasing equity and reducing disparities.
This year, we invite Letters of Inquiry from organizations that meet all the following criteria:
- Is focused on providing services to people affected by inequity due to race and/or gender identity;
- Is accountable to the people being served. “Accountable” can mean one or more of the following:
- Ensures that people being served are visibly leading;
- Develops leadership of the people being served;
- Engages the people being served in ongoing decision-making, planning and assessment; and/or
- Draws on the strengths, assets, and lived experience of the people being served.
- Is addressing systemic racial and/or gender inequities in one of the following areas:
- Food Sovereignty & Security
- Early Childhood Education
- Reproductive Justice & Maternal Healthcare
- Can demonstrate how they reduce disparities and/or achieve more equitable outcomes.
Please submit your LOI by Thursday, December 15th at 11:45 PM PT. Organizations will be notified in February of their status.