About Good Neighbor Awards
NAR's Good Neighbor Awards recognize REALTORS® who have made an extraordinary impact on their community, or on the national or world stage, through volunteer work.
Five winners are announced each fall in REALTOR® Magazine. Winners are recognized annually at the REALTORS® Conference & Expo, and receive $10,000 grants for their charities. Winners also receive travel expenses to the conference and national and local media exposure for their community cause. In addition to the winners, five honorable mentions each receive a $2,500 grant.
The Good Neighbor Awards was launched in 2000 and has since recognized 220 REALTORS® for their service to their communities. Through Good Neighbor Award grants and associated programs, Good Neighbor charities have received nearly $1.4 million in donations. In addition, each winner receives national and local publicity, which generates additional donations and inspires new volunteers to get involved. Many REALTORS® are also recognized for their community service through state and local real estate associations.
This year's Good Neighbor Award deadline is May 2, 2022. Nominations are received from REALTORS® around the country, as well as through local and state Good Neighbor Award programs that serve as feeders to the national program. Applicants must be members of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Nominees must be members of NAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have made a significant impact as a volunteer for 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Eligible activities are not limited to real estate or housing issues and may include volunteer work done overseas.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association- or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place between January 2021 and May 2022, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement though published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online. REALTORS may nominate themselves or may be nominated by someone else.
- The grants must be issued to a U.S. 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
For complete rules and eligibility, go to nar.realtor/gna and click “Nominate"
Questions? Please call NAR’s Information Central at 800/874-6500
The Good Neighbor Awards thanks primary sponsor realtor.com and Wells Fargo for their support of the program
Please call Sara Geimer, Good Neighbor Awards Program Manager, 312-329-8296, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or see the Good Neighbor Awards home page at www.nar.realtor/gna.