Welcome! We are excited you are interested in applying for the scholarship.
The LeadingAge Kansas Foundation provides scholarships for the purpose of attracting and retaining talent in the field of not-for-profit aging services. Funding for the scholarship program comes from the generous support of our members, valued business partners, and any other individual or organization interested in advancing the health and well-being of older Kansans.
We are specifically interested in providing scholarships to individuals seeking to advance their learning in the areas including but NOT limited to: CMA, SS/AD, CDM, Social Work, AIT, Adult Care Home Operator, or other forms of post-secondary education.
PLEASE READ COMPLETELY BEFORE BEGINNING YOUR APPLICATION.
The scholarship application will require you to provide personal, professional and educational information. You may wish to gather all of the information prior to starting the application process however, the system allows for applications to be started and completed at a later date. Here's what you'll need.
- General Contact Information
- Current Job Title
- Education or Degree Sought (i.e. certificate program, degree, other)
- Cost of Proposed Program
The application requires the completion of some essay questions. Responses should be well-developed and provide insight into you and your professional plans. For tips on completing the application review our scholarship tips resource.
- When do you intend to apply to this program?
- Tell us about your previous Education/training
- Provide an overview of your employment history.
- Describe leadership and volunteer contributions in your community.
- Why do you want this scholarship?
- What are your career or employment goals?
- Tell us about the education you will receive as a result of this scholarship (this question is separate from providing supporting documentation about the program/education you are working toward)
There are several additional documentation components that are required to apply for a scholarship. They include:
- Supporting documentation about the educational program you are seeking
- A signed letter of recommendation on company letterhead from your Administrator or CEO.
- Another letter of recommendation to support your application (Could be from a resident's family member *not your own*, a colleague or an immediate supervisor.)
- A brief bio about yourself.
If you have questions or need help, please contact Stephanie Gfeller at email@example.com or 800-264-5242.
We look forward to reviewing your application!