- Applicant must be a UECU member in good standing with a UECU share/savings account in his/her own name (and listed as a primary member) prior to the scholarship submission deadline. Not a member yet? Join online at uecu.org/join or call 800.288.6423.
- Applicant must be a high school senior, a college student, a graduate student, or a technical/trade school student.
- Applicant must be attending or accepted at an accredited college/university, or post-secondary technical/trade school. Verification of attendance/acceptance will be required of the winner only.
- Applicant cannot be an employee of UECU, its affiliates, a UECU Board Member, a Supervisory Committee Member, or family member and/or living in the same household thereof.
- Members who’ve won a scholarship through UECU’s Scholarship Contest in the past three years are not eligible to participate in this year’s contest.
How to Apply
Complete steps 1 and 2 by June 12, 2023
Step 1: Go to uecu.org/cueitup and select a 5-minute, interactive e-course from any of the featured CueItUp playlists. After you complete your e-course, make a 2-3 minute video OR write a 1-2 page summary explaining what you learned and how you can apply it to your life.
Include a tip that you can share with friends and family based on what you learned. Include your name and contact information at the end of your video or written summary. If you are submitting a written summary, don’t forget to do a spelling and grammar check. If you submitted an entry in last year’s contest, you cannot submit the same entry this year. Please submit a new video or written summary.
Step 2: Select Create An Account on the screen to create your Reviewer account. You’ll then be prompted to complete the scholarship application and upload your entry. (Please note: if you created a Reviewr account to submit an entry in last year's contest, you do not need to create another account. You can use your login credentials from last year.)
Prizes: Scholarships are made payable to the college, university, or technical/trade school of choice in the winner’s name by August 2023.
Deadline: Completed scholarship applications and video/written submissions must be received by June 12, 2023.
Entry Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged on creativity and content. Get creative and show us your money skills!
Scholarship Award: Two winners will be selected in this year’s scholarship contest, and each awarded $3,000 if they meet the scholarship eligibility requirements.
Winner Notification: The winners will be notified by email and asked for verification of attendance or acceptance at an accredited college, university, or post-secondary technical/trade school. After all information is verified, a check will be distributed to the school of each winner.
Scholarship funds may be used to pay tuition expenses while enrolled full time. The winners will be announced on the UECU website and in the October edition of UECU’s Member News.
Release: All entries become the property of UECU, and by submitting the entry, you authorize the Credit Union to utilize all or a portion of the information for purposes of press releases and/or publication in UECU newsletters, website and social media content, newspapers, trade magazines, etc., announcing the scholarship recipients’ names, contents of the entries, and other reported information.
For additional information about the Scholarship Contest, please see the attached flyer.