WHO CAN APPLY
Academic Opportunity Fund grants are open to all Boulder Valley School District professionals who work directly with students. Each applicant may only apply for one grant per grant cycle.
Impact on Education prioritizes funding grants that directly contribute to increased accessiblity and/or opportunities for students who otherwise would not have the necessary resources to achieve academic and personal excellence. Historically we have awarded grants for a wide variety of purposes.
Applicants are eligible for up to $2,000 per request. For requests beyond $2,000 please reach out directly to Katie DiMercurio for further details and to determine viability for application. We will consider requests over this amount on a limited basis.
PAST GRANTS INCLUDE:
- Academic tutoring before and after school
- Test prep and other supplemental educational support
- Class fees to allow all students to participate equitably (lab materials, textbooks, test, or equipment fees)
- Technology (software licenses, supplemental equipment)*
- Music instrument rental and repair
- Educator curriculum or materials for classroom use*
- Classroom mental health resources (flexible seating, sensory materials, etc.)
- Multicultural resources (books, art materials, etc)
**Please note that curricular and technology requests will be run through the district prior to approval and grant awards
THE ACADEMIC OPPORTUNITY FUND DOES NOT FUND:
- Non-Academic Supplemental Student Needs (We will accept these requests differently this year, contact Katie for more information)
- Grants intended to support non-BVSD students
- Professional development (unless it directly relates to the implementation of the grant program/project)
- Social activities (community sponsorships, off-site events, parties, etc,)