The following criteria will be used to score the abstracts. Ensure you address each criterion in your abstract!
Research, Quality/Program Initiative Abstracts must address each of the following areas:
- Purpose of the project
- Relevant background – why is this a problem? What does the literature tell us?
- Methods - what did you do to conduct the study/project?
- Data analysis – what statistical tests were used?
- Results – what did the data reveal?
- Implications – how might these data be used to change practice or guide further research?
Clinical Practice Abstracts must address each of the following areas:
- Clinical situation is relevant to the audience
- Thorough description of the clinical presentation or situation
- Synthesis of relevant literature
- Description of intervention(s) provided
- Outcome of the intervention/situation
- Implications for practice (clinical/administrative) – do the conclusions stem from the results
Remember: Each abstract will be graded based on the extent each of the above criteria were met. Any omission will result in a lower score.
- At least one author must be an AVAHO member in good standing.
- Abstracts must be free from commercial bias; promotional abstracts will not be accepted. Data from for-profit or industry sources are not permitted.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented as E-posters. To facilitate viewing, E-posters will be submitted as a single PowerPoint slides. Do not submit as a PDF file. The slide should address key components of the abstract (e.g., methods, outcome).
- There will be two separate live poster sessions at the meeting this year to optimize the ability of the attendees to discuss the poster with the author.
- Posters are grouped by common themes or designs. Therefore, presenters must be able to present their poster in person at the assigned time.
- All authors of accepted abstracts will be required to complete a disclosure form as delineated on the abstract submission form.
- All abstracts are scored by a blind-review process, using the criteria delineated above.
Please contact Sue Lentz at 206-794-7022 with any questions.
REMEMBER: All abstracts must be submitted by 11:59 PM, PST Friday June 2, 2023. This is a firm deadline. NO extensions!