SC Give is the local #GIVINGTUESDAY event for the Stanwood-Camano community.
This event is hosted by the Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation.
SCAF provides the framework for the event as well as development & training materials for participants. Some of the things provided by SCAF include:
• Develop & maintain event website (scgive.org)
• Conduct orientation workshop
• Conduct marketing workshop
• Prepare participant planning guide
• Process online donations
• After-event donation reports including contact information of donors for thank-you cards.
To be successful, this event requires the full engagement of each and every organization that lists a project for funding. Please read the following participation requirements carefully to be sure you are willing and able to fulfill them.
*First-time participants refers to any first-time coordinators for an organization as well as any organization participating for the first time. Failure of first-time participants to attend workshops will disqualify their organization from participation in event.
• *First-time participants: Attend an orientation session for the program that will give an overview of the mechanics of the event and how you will be expected to participate.
• *First-time participants: Attend a marketing workshop that will help you promote the event.
• Post your project to the event Facebook page according to the posting schedule provided, in the four weeks leading up to the event.
• Promote the event to your own donor base or constituency through your website, newsletters, e-mail, Facebook and other social media channels, or any other venue you may have available to you at least once a week in the four weeks leading up to the event.
• Use the SC Give logo and messaging provided by SCAF in promoting this event. (You will be provided with both print and web versions of the logo.)
• Include the sponsor logos whenever possible while promoting the event. (You will be provided with sponsor logos.)
• Complete an after-event survey within two weeks of receipt of donor list from SCAF.
• Send donors to your project a thank-you note acknowledging their donation within two weeks of receipt of the donor list from SCAF. For online donations, do not send a donation receipt. Official donation receipts for tax-purposes will be from the Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation and generated at the time the donation is made.
2022 SC Give Timeline
8/2/22 Application period opens
8/16/22 Application deadline
8/22/22 Selected participants notified
9/7/22 Orientation workshop 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m. (required for first-time participants*)
9/14/22 Marketing workshop 6:30 p.m.–8 p.m. (required for first-time participants*)
10/1/22 Materials for website due to SCAF
11/1/22 Marketing Kick-off
11/29/22 Giving Tuesday