2023 Union County Education Foundation Scholarship Offerings:
*Please scroll all the way down.
Dr. Ed Davis Scholarship
$3,000 one-time award to a UCPS student who is pursuing public education
Janet Tyson Scholarship
$1,000 one-time award to a UCPS student who is pursuing public education (preference for Sun Valley High Seniors)
DEADLINE: Sunday, March 12th at 11:59 pm
Please be prepared to provide the following. (ONLY PDF documents less than 1MB will be accepted for ALL attachments)
The Teacher Tribute Video Rubric (required for Dr. Ed Davis scholarship ONLY) is available for download below, but here are some highlights of what we are looking for in a great video.
- A two-minute maximum video “Teacher Tribute” to a UCPS teacher describing what this teacher has meant to you personally and to your education.
- Creativity and humor are highly encouraged, but it needs to be clean.
- Consider having someone review your video, but it needs to be your own original creation.
- Subtitles are highly encouraged. We want to make sure we can hear all the great things you have to say!
- Your video must include the phrase "This is my Teacher Tribute for the Dr. Ed Davis Scholarship" with a screenshot of the logo available for download below. Once submitted, your video becomes the property of the Education Foundation and we will use it to post to social media and elsewhere.
- Use this opportunity to express your gratitude for all the teacher’s hard work and dedication to you.
- The teacher may be a current, former, or retired UCPS classroom teacher or assistant teacher.
- Do not share anything in your video that you do not want to be made public. Your video will be shared on all our social media platforms.
Check out our YouTube page for great examples of video tributes from other years. Do you need advice on how to create a great video that is no or low cost? Check out our Video Making Tips on our website. Questions? Call or email Amy Sperry Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 704-296-0725
Required for Dr. Ed Davis Scholarship AND Janet Tyson Scholarship:
- Results of SAT or other Scholastic Achievement tests. (OPTIONAL)
- A letter of recommendation from an administrator from your high school, i.e. teacher, counselor, etc.
- A complete transcript.
- Resume with a listing of your extracurricular activities.
*Decisions are final once announced and are made by a volunteer committee of the Education Foundation.