Every year, the University of South Carolina Alumni Association awards alumni with the highest honors given by our alma mater. These alumni awards encompass the true spirit of what it means to be a graduate of South Carolina. Awards honor Gamecocks who stand out in their communities and professions by exhibiting passion, determination and excellence. Recipients are selected in each of the following categories:
- Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award - named for the great humanitarian and philanthropist, honors an outstanding alumnus or alumna demonstrating professional excellence of character and service to humanity and is the highest honor awarded to Carolina Alumni.
- Distinguished Alumni Award - honors an alumnus whose professional and personal life has exemplified dedication and excellence in leadership, citizenship and voluntarism while offering a lifetime of devotion to the University of South Carolina.
- Honorary Life Membership Award - pays sincere homage to friends of Carolina who although are not alumni of the University, enthusiastically support and tirelessly serve the University of South Carolina community.
- Outstanding Black Alumni Award - is presented to an alumnus or alumna who has uniquely distinguished themselves in his or her professional career, shown remarkable leadership capabilities and positively impacted the community.
- Outstanding Veteran Alumni Award - is presented to a graduate who has served in the U.S. military with honor, distinguished themselves in his or her professional career, shown remarkable leadership capabilities and positively impacted the community.
- Outstanding Young Alumni Award - honors graduates under 40 (as of January 1, 2023) who represent the breadth and scope of new talent, has achieved extraordinary success in a chosen profession and has significantly set themselves apart from peers.
Once you submit a nomination, that nominee will be notified and asked to complete the award application. The application must be completed no later than April 1 in order to move the nominee forward in the review process.