Young Entrepreneur Pitch Challenge is a pitch contest for students in Northeast Ohio in grades K-12. It is a simple set of activities that help kids learn creativity, problem solving, critical thinking, and presentation skills. Pitch Challenge teaches essential workforce readiness skills and helps kids develop a mindset for 21st century careers whether or not they become an entrepreneur. Kids compete in one of three age groups: K-4, 5-8, or 9-12 grade.
ENTERING IS SIMPLE!
- Think of a business idea. It can be a product, service, social enterprise, or technology business.
- Create a video of yourself pitching the business idea. Enter as an individual. No team entries in this contest.
- Keep the camera focused on you for most of the video. We want to see and hear you pitching your idea. We don’t want to see a commercial.
- Keep your video short, 30-90 seconds is the time frame.
- Entries will be judged on the CREATIVITY of the idea, business name, and video; the PERSUASIVENESS of the elevator pitch; and the OVERALL QUALITY of the idea, pitch and video.
- Complete the entry form and upload your video by April 1, 2021.
- Practice is key. We do not want to see you reading from a sheet of paper.
- Be enthusiastic! Viewers will be more interested in your idea if you are excited about it.
- If filming on your cell phone, hold your phone horizontally – vertical videos do not look professional.
Click here for the judging rubric
- October 17, 2020 – February 22, 2021: Entries Accepted
- March 11, 2021: Finalists Announced
- April 12, 2021 – April 16, 2021: Public Voting
- April 19, 2021: Winners Announced
FIVE (5) WINNERS FROM EACH AGE GROUP RECEIVE
- $40 e-gift card
- Hydro Flask
- Month supply of Coca-Cola product
- Entrepreneurial board game
- Personalized Trophy
FIFTEEN (15) FINALISTS FROM EACH AGE GROUP RECEIVE
FIVE (5) WILD CARD WINNERS WILL RECEIVE
- Microsoft Surface Pro X Computer/Tablet with Signature Cover Keyboard